Thursday 17 March 2011

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.*"

*Charles W. Eliot, The Happy Life. This quote depicts what books always have ment for me.

I read and had so many books read to me since I was young (The Little Prince, Winnie the Pooh, The Secret Garden, Andersen's fairytales, Brothers Grimm fairytales, Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, Pan Samochodzik, Angels and Demons, Imprimatur, Secretum, Veritas, Metro 2033, Metro 2034 and many more) that it took me a while to remember 2 books that I would never forget and which had such an impact on my life: "The Little Prince" and "Winnie the Pooh".

"The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
When I first read it on my own I was 9 years old and although I didn't understand some words I fell in love with the little princes characters and adventures. This book helped me understand people and life.

"Winnie the Pooh" by A.A. Milne
It was my beloved childhood book and the bear with a small brain was, no, no scratch that, he still is my longtime companion!
I stll remember how I got my first copy of the book, it was for being a model pupil and since then Winnie the Pooh was always with me.

2 comments:

  1. Tron and Winnie the Pooh? That's a pretty unique combination. ;) On the other hand, that's what is great about books - we can move from one to another depending on our state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winnie the pooh is my favorite one amongst all books during childhood.winnie the pooh baby shower

    ReplyDelete